DIGITAL MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS (DMC)
Civil Engineering Technologists play an important role in the efficient and sustainable operation of our cities and infrastructure. They are core members of the teams that plan, design, construct, and maintain buildings, roads, bridges, sewers, and water distribution systems. These systems keep our transportation systems operating, water flowing and provide safe structures for private and public services.
With a focus on municipal engineering, structural design, water resources and surveying this three-year advanced diploma provides a strong foundation in core civil engineering subjects. The course work provides a balanced education in engineering theory, combined with practical work in laboratories and in the field.
During your time in the program, you'll study and work in classrooms and labs that are equipped with industry-standard software and equipment to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your career as a Civil Engineering Technologist.
You will learn:
- Computer-assisted drafting (CAD), plan reading and drawing visualization.
- Practical construction layout, topographic surveying and the application of electronic surveying (Total stations) and global positioning systems (GPS).
- Properties of building materials, construction inspection methods and geotechnical analysis.
- Asset management and project scheduling, estimating and management.
- Design of structures in steel, timber, masonry and concrete.
- Planning and design of municipal services, potable water, storm water and wastewater management systems.
- In your final term, you will complete a four-week work placement with a local employer which will provide you with valuable industry experience to begin your career. Many graduates gain full-time employment with their placement employer upon graduation.
Graduates find employment in many areas of the marketing communications industry from ad agencies, to marketing departments, to charitable and government organizations, to smaller entrepreneurial endeavours. Job areas include:
- Client Services Account Executive
- Web Producer
- Digital Analyst
- Digital Media Specialist
- Social Media Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- SEO and SEM Specialist, and more.
Please complete the form
Your form has been successfully submitted.
International Student Population: over 1600