EARLY LEARNING AND CHILDCARE CERTIFICATE
Fast-track to the workforce with our certificate. Stay for another year, earn a diploma and open up more job opportunities.
With a class called play you know you're getting what you need to work with children from infants to school age.
Each semester includes a 4-week practicum after 11 weeks in the classroom.
Your 3rd practicum is unique to Lakeland. You and your classmates set up and run a play program. You’ll:
- create a parent handbook
- plan and run activities
- design the space – theme, furniture, play and snack areas.
Every second year, you’ll have the chance to do an international practicum. We’ve been to Hawaii as well as Australia and the Dominican Republic.
If you can’t come to our Vermilion campus, take our training online. It's also available online in French.
You earn qualifications from Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan, and Yukon Territory.
Certificate program graduates typically find work as:
- early childhood educators
- family day home providers
- pre-school teachers
- early intervention program aides
- educational assistants
Employers hire Lakeland Grads
- 100 % of employers would hire a Lakeland grad again
- 92.3% of employers would recommend Lakeland grads to other employers
- 92.3% of employers are satisfied with the quality of Lakeland College grads
What our Alumni say
92 % are grads are happy in their jobs. Their satisfaction goes up if the job is related to their program
Please complete the form
Your form has been successfully submitted.
Leading learning since 1913.